Maximum Term Contract positions (30/6/2020)
Full-time (38 hours per week)
Friendly working environment
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individuals to fill the position of Melbourne AMEP Home Tutor Scheme Officer.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Recruit volunteer tutors and match with AMEP clients as described in the AMEP contract.
- Maintain networks, record keeping systems, procedures, and support mechanisms as required by the program.
- Support the delivery of tutor training sessions.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A suitable combination of qualifications at a minimum tertiary level, along with experience working within community development or related field. Experience in delivering volunteer programs and demonstrated skills in working in a cross-cultural environment is highly desirable.
- Understanding of strategies relevant to addressing the education and settlement needs of recently-arrived refugees and migrants, and skills in supporting volunteers working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal and team skills, excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work in a self-directed manner, confidence in public speaking, ability to network in a professional setting and the ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills including skills in database maintenance, filing and administrative systems maintenance and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
The salary will be in the range of $55,407 - $60,160 (PACCT 4.1 – 4.3) per annum plus superannuation.
Maximum Term Contract (30/06/2020), Full- Time 38 hours per week.
South East with an initial training period of 3 months at our Preston Campus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1566495964e.cin1566495964hcety1566495964lopen1566495964ruobl1566495964em@sb1566495964oj1566495964 Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.