Dynamic work environment
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Melbourne AMEP Casual Volunteer Tutor Scheme Trainer (Bendigo).
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Facilitate the placement of a cohort of Volunteer tutors with AMEP clients.
- Promote and market the Volunteer Tutor Service across a Melbourne AMEP region (Bendigo) and assist in the recruitment of volunteer tutors.
- Update and maintain accurate student and tutor records and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Deliver the Melbourne Polytechnic institute accredited VTS training course to volunteers within the Melbourne AMEP contract region of Bendigo.
- Meet KPIs and report any issues to the VTS Coordinator
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A Diploma in EAL/TESOL and Certificate IV TAE in Training & Assessment
- Experience and expertise in implementing the planning, delivery and evaluation of a training course.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and expertise in, teaching methodologies and strategies appropriate to teaching a group of volunteers from a variety of programs.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of adult learning principles.
- A background in community development or related field; extensive knowledge and experience in coordinating volunteer programs and demonstrated skills in working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Sound understanding of strategies relevant to addressing the needs of AMEP clients, knowledge of the education and settlement needs of recently-arrived refugees and migrants, and skills in supporting volunteers working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal and team skills, excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work in a self-directed manner, and the ability to exercise sound judgement.
Demonstrated experience in using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in the delivery and administration of the Volunteer Tutor Scheme. Experience with ARMS (AMEP Reporting and Management System) is preferred, along with the following:
- Windows file management
- MS Word, database, Power Point and Excel
- Internet and email
- Peripheral devices (eg printers, data projectors)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to Occupational.
- Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance,Continuous Improvement understanding of copyright.
- A Working with Children Check and a National Police Check are required for this position.
- Current drivers licence.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
- $67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training.
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: ua.ud1548081164e.cin1548081164hcety1548081164lopen1548081164ruobl1548081164em@st1548081164vpema1548081164
For further details please call Elspeth Collie : 9269 1368
Applications Close: 30/08/2018
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.