Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Manager Youth Unit.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide educational leadership to the department to facilitate staff commitment and ensure the delivery of positive educational outcomes for students, especially young people.
- Lead and manage the strategic development of programs within the department.
- Ensure revenue targets are met as set by Head of School.
- Develop strong links with industry to ensure curriculum meets industry needs.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications preferably to post graduate level together with appropriate years of industrial experience and a course of teacher training accredited at AQF5 level which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodologies or equivalent.
- An extensive knowledge of current issues in higher education and vocational education and training particularly as they relate to the areas taught within the school.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
- Appropriate post-graduate qualifications, industrial experience and approved course of teacher training relevant to the program teaching areas TESOL, Adult Literacy & Numeracy or Applied Learning will be looked on favourably.
The salary will be $105,770.00 per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1526893284e.cin1526893284hcety1526893284lopen1526893284ruobl1526893284em@sb1526893284oj1526893284. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.