Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Manager – Preparatory Studies
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide educational leadership to the department to facilitate staff commitment and ensure the delivery of positive educational outcomes for students.
- Take responsibility for the academic leadership and management of higher education programs
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead significant cultural change to a large and diverse group of staff.
- Demonstrated record of academic excellence and ability to lead, develop and mentor academic teams and establish academic systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to conceptualize and implement the principles of inclusiveness across the school.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications preferably to post graduate level together with appropriate years of industrial experience and a course of teacher training accredited at AQF5 level which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodologies or equivalent.
- An extensive knowledge of current issues in higher education and vocational education and training particularly as they relate to the areas taught within the school.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent.
The salary will be $103,190 per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Ongoing, Full-Time (38 Hours Week)
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1500661908e.cin1500661908hcety1500661908lopen1500661908ruobl1500661908em@sb1500661908oj1500661908. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.