Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Manager, Hospitality Department.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide educational leadership to the department to facilitate staff commitment and ensure the delivery of positive educational outcomes for students.
- Provide educational leadership within the food and beverage teaching programs that relate to MP’s restaurants.
- Lead and manage hospitality and cookery staff to ensure compatibility of teaching programs between kitchen and restaurants.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications preferably to post graduate level together with appropriate years’ of industrial experience and a course of teacher training accredited at AQF5 level which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodologies or equivalent.
- An extensive knowledge of current issues in higher education and vocational education and training particularly as they relate to the areas taught within the school.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead significant cultural change to a large and diverse group of staff.
The salary will be $105,770.00 per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1529659276e.cin1529659276hcety1529659276lopen1529659276ruobl1529659276em@sb1529659276oj1529659276. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.