Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Manager Facilities and Assets.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Lead the Facilities and Assets Department in the delivery of minor works, buildings and grounds maintenance, cleaning and security to maintain the facilities and amenities of Melbourne Polytechnic and to ensure the health and safety of staff, students and visitors.
- Develop and administer policy as appropriate in the above areas.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications together with extensive experience in building maintenance preferably in a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a successful record of leading and enthusing staff in the pursuit of organisational objectives.
- Demonstrated highly effective communication and negotiation skills with the ability to obtain support for projects at senior levels, government and industry for appropriate initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff in times of significant change.
- Knowledge of security requirements and procedures required at an education facility plus a complete understanding of the private agents act.
The salary will be $150,000 per annum including superannuation and fully maintained vehicle.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.