Full- Time (38 hours per week)
Great working environment
In 2014 NMIT will establish a presence in the Melbourne suburb of Prahran. This new campus will trade under the name Melbourne Polytechnic and will deliver both Vocational and Education and Training and Higher Education programs.
This position will be initially located at the Prahran Campus and will be dependent upon sufficient student enrolments.
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Manager - Business Development. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Design, develop and implement strategies to attract, develop, and grow new business opportunities for the Prahran Campus
- Liaise with staff to ensure effective planning, development, marketing, delivery and evaluation of industry relevant short courses and other commercial activities.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification together with significant experience in business development in an education setting. (A Certificate in Training and Assessment TAE40110 is preferred but is not essential).
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and problem solving skills illustrated by the ability to work with minimal supervision, to be creative and proactive, successfully arrange priorities, meet deadlines and continually improve operational strategies.
- Highly-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to be professional, tactful, discrete and courteous at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate new business opportunities and capacity to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with a wide range of groups within, and external to, the Institute.
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
Position will be interviewed from the week commencing 13th January 2014
The salary will be $100,500 per annum
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.