Full-time (38 hrs per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Librarian (Serials and Cataloguing). You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Manage network subscriptions including print journals, e-journals and online databases.
- Manage the cataloguing of both print and e-resources to professional standards
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- Completion of a tertiary degree in Library and Information Management with relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated skill in formulating procedures and workflows related to subscription management in both print and online formats.
- Demonstrated ability to apply cataloguing rules and procedures including AACR2, MARC21, LCSH, and DDC23 including demonstrated experience with Library Management systems, Libraries Australia and online databases.
- Proven initiative and commitment to Continuous Improvement of work processes especially the incorporation of new technology and keeping abreast of library service trends relevant to the positions.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.