Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Librarian – Cataloguing/Acquisitions.
Your primary objective will be to:
Provide the acquisition of library resources in an efficient and effective manner. Ensure the cataloguing of print and digital resources comply with professional standards and meets the needs of Melbourne Polytechnic clients.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability applying cataloguing rules and procedures including RDA, MARC21, LCSH, DDC23.
- Experience utilising Library Management Systems and Libraries Australia.
- Ability to implement acquisition initiatives and workflows utilising technologies.
- Appropriate qualifications in Library & Information Science with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of extensive relevant experience and/or education/training.
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $40,549 - $51,835 (LO 3.1- LO3.7) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1485109241e.cin1485109241hcety1485109241lopen1485109241ruobl1485109241em@sb1485109241oj1485109241. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.