Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part-time 0.7 (26.6 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Liaison Librarian.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Liaise with staff and students within the Colleges and Schools of Melbourne Polytechnic to ensure that the library is responsive to the teaching, learning and research needs of the community in accordance with the Melbourne Polytechnic Strategic Plan.
- Deliver a broad range of high quality information management services to designated college and student cohorts.
- Provide academic integrity and literacy support to teaching staff and students delivered through campus libraries.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant library qualification recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), with experience in the provision of library services in a tertiary educational environment.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of current teaching practices and issues in higher education and how to provide effective support to teaching staff.
- An understanding of current trends in the marketing of library services, including through the use of social media.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $61,883 - $66,573 (PACCT 5.1 – 5.3) pro rata, per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Part - Time 26.6 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your documents by email to ua.ud1553631729e.cin1553631729hcety1553631729lopen1553631729ruobl1553631729em@sb1553631729oj1553631729. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.