Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Lecturer - Veterinary Nursing.
Your primary objective will be:
- Teach into the Associate Degree of Veterinary Nursing in the Faculty of Business, Hospitality and Primary Industries including Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and contribute to the quality assurance of clinical supervision in Melbourne Polytechnic's partnerships.
- Collaborate with academic staff to support and maintain a high quality student learning experience.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Evidence of a commitment to student learning and demonstrated teaching experience in the field in a tertiary educational setting.
- Effective communication and organisational skills in order to facilitate student learning and to provide support and advice to students.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to liaise effectively with relevant industry and professional stakeholder groups.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
A Master's degree in veterinary nursing, veterinary science, animal studies, veterinary technology, or a relevant undergraduate degree and/or other relevant postgraduate qualification with clearly demonstrated significant professional and /or industry experience in a relevant field.
Lecturer Level B with a salary range of $81,423 - $96,686 per annum. Commencing salary will be negotiated according to qualifications and experience.
Superannuation is additional and Melbourne Polytechnic is able to contribute to UniSuper.
Note that service with publicly funded Australian Universities is recognised for long service and sick leave purposes.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1500835346e.cin1500835346hcety1500835346lopen1500835346ruobl1500835346em@sb1500835346oj1500835346. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.