4 Ongoing positions available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint four experienced, innovative and qualified individuals to fill the positions of Lecturer – Education (Early Years).
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Teach in the higher education programs in the School of Health and Education in the Bachelor of Education (Early Years) and Associate Degree in Early Years Studies.
- Collaborate with academic staff to support and maintain a high quality student learning experience.
- Contribute to the development of the higher education portfolio in the School and Melbourne Polytechnic through relevant committee membership.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A formal recognised early childhood and/or early years teaching qualification together with a Master's qualification in Education with a specialisation in early childhood and/or early years or any closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated tertiary teaching experience including experience in course coordination and the development of learning resources for innovative flexible learning.
- Demonstrated tertiary teaching experience and evidence of a commitment to student learning, teaching excellence and educational quality improvement.
- Effective communication and organisational skills in order to facilitate student learning and to provide support and advice to students.
Lecturer Level B with a salary range of $81,423 - $96,686 per annum. Commencing salary will be negotiated according to qualifications and experience.
Superannuation is additional and Melbourne Polytechnic is able to contribute to UniSuper.
Note that service with publicly funded Australian Universities is recognised for long service and sick leave purposes.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1481430272e.cin1481430272hcety1481430272lopen1481430272ruobl1481430272em@sb1481430272oj1481430272. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.