Full- Time (38 hours per week)
Great working environment
In 2014 NMIT will establish a presence in the Melbourne suburb of Prahran. This new campus will trade under the name Melbourne Polytechnic and will deliver both Vocational and Education and Training and Higher Education programs.
This position will be initially located at the Prahran Campus and will be dependent upon sufficient student enrolments.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Teach in the higher education programs in the Faculty of Business, Hospitality & Personal Services within the discipline of Business Law, initially at Prahran Campus.
- Collaborate with academic staff to support and maintain a high quality student learning experience.
- Contribute to the development of the higher education portfolio in the Faculty of Business, Hospitality & Personal Services and NMIT through relevant committee membership.
- Collaborate on the strategic development of external engagement projects, research and scholarship in the Faculty Business, Hospitality & Personal Services.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- A Master’s qualification in Business Law or closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated higher education teaching experience including experience in subject coordination and the development of learning resources for innovative flexible learning.
- Evidence of a commitment to student learning, teaching excellence and educational quality improvement.
- Effective communication and organisational skills in order to facilitate student learning and to provide support and advice to students
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
Lecturer Level B with a salary range of $79,437-$94,328 per annum. Commencing salary will be negotiated according to qualifications
Superannuation is additional and NMIT is able to contribute to UniSuper.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.