Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part-time (30.4 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Learning and Teaching Consultant.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Contribute to the leadership of the broad academic development of educational programs at Melbourne Polytechnic.
- Research, develop and support the implementation of innovative, best practice models in flexible course design.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A degree or diploma in education or curriculum design together with substantial relevant experience and a course of teacher training accredited at least an AQF5 level and includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodologies or equivalent.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- Demonstrated experience in an educational leadership capacity within the tertiary education sector.
- Evidence of knowledge and experience demonstrating a learner centred, contemporary, flexible and diverse approach to curriculum.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be $90,998 (SE2) per annum pro rata plus employer superannuation contributions.
Ongoing, Part -Time, 30.4 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”nn
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.