Fixed Term Contract Position (21 Dec 2018)
Friendly Working Environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Leading Teacher, Plumbing.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide coordination, training and facilitation across a range programs and qualifications and related areas, to training clients.
- Contribute to the planning, development and review of programs offered by the area.
- Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery and record management meet compliance requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A degree or Diploma relevant to courses offered within the department, a course of teacher training accredited at Australian Qualifications framework Level 5 which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent.
- Essential criteria - A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- Demonstrated ability to teach plumbing and associated trade programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to effectively resolve issues surrounding administrative systems and staff rosters.
The salary will be $88,305 (SE1) per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Fixed Term Contract Position (21 Dec 2018), Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.