Maximum Term Contract position (01/06/2019)
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced and innovative individual to fill the position of Instructional Designer.
Your primary objective will be to:
- Provide instructional design and evaluation of Learning and Teaching online programs for VE and HE. The incumbent will help to build the use of educational technologies and collaborate with the Learning and Teaching group and staff in schools in progressing Melbourne Polytechnic’s flexible delivery approaches while always encouraging innovation.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional-design principles, best practices for electronic learning, course materials and evaluation techniques.
- Experience designing and adapting source content for a variety of e-learning and web-based experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in using a variety of learning and content management systems, presentation and authoring tools, graphic-design programs, web conferencing and social platforms, and familiarity with emerging technologies and their use in an instructional environment.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in instructional design and development or a related field and 2 years of experience in the design, and development of online educational resources; or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been gained.
- Experience in working in a diverse educational environment.
For a full list of the key technical competencies and qualifications, licenses and experience please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $72,797 to $75,970 (AO9.1- AO9.3) per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Maximum Term Contract (01/06/2019), Full- Time 38 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1493137803e.cin1493137803hcety1493137803lopen1493137803ruobl1493137803em@sb1493137803oj1493137803. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.