Executive contract position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Head of School – Foundation & Preparatory Studies.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide academic and educational leadership to the school to facilitate staff commitment and ensure the delivery of positive educational outcomes for students.
- Lead and manage the strategic development of programs within the school.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant community, industry and government agencies
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Master’s Degree in related discipline. PhD desirable.
- A course of teacher training accredited at AQF5 level which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodologies or equivalent, is not mandatory, but would be advantageous.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent is not mandatory, but would be advantageous.
- Highly skilled relationship management experience along with ability to foster positive relationships with staff at all levels within the School, broader Institute and with partners, community and government agencies.
For a full list of key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
TAFE Executive Remuneration $159,501 inclusive of superannuation.
Executive Contract (5 years), Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.