Maximum Term Contract position (31/12/2018)
Full-time (38 hours per week)
Dynamic work environment
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Head of Program, Master of Creative Industries.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide educational leadership to the department to facilitate staff commitment and ensure the delivery of positive educational outcomes for students.
- Responsible for the academic leadership and management of higher education programs
- Lead and support the strategic development of programs within the department.
- Ensure revenue targets are met as set by Head of School.
- Develop strong links with industry to ensure curriculum meets industry needs.
- Lead and manage the teach out of the Bachelor of Writing and Publishing course.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications at doctoral level together with extensive knowledge and background in teaching and training. An extensive knowledge of current issues in higher education particularly as they relate to the areas taught within the school.
- Appropriate record of professional standard activity and creative output in one or more Creative Industries disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead significant cultural change to a diverse group of staff including a demonstrable record of the successful implementation of employer policies in a position with leadership responsibilities.
- Demonstrated record of academic excellence and ability to lead, develop and mentor academic teams and establish academic systems.
The salary will be in the range $102,234 - $117,880 (Lecturer C) per annum plus superannuation.
Maximum Term Contract (31/12/2018), Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1542749462e.cin1542749462hcety1542749462lopen1542749462ruobl1542749462em@sb1542749462oj1542749462. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the documents below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.