Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
Melbourne Polytechnic is looking for a highly professional, qualified and motivated Head of Learning Environments to join our Centre for Learning and Teaching team and to provide leadership and strategic direction in all aspects of Learning Environments.
This role will see you:
Provide thought leadership and strategic direction on the learning and teaching experience with a focus on how innovations in technologies across digital channels, both online and physically located, can develop capabilities of students, teachers and industry.
The role includes management responsibilities for an in-house instructional design and technical team and for relationships with educational technology suppliers and internal stakeholders under the direction of the Director, Centre for Learning and Teaching.
To be successful in this role you will have a proven track record leading the development and implementation of a Digital Learning Strategy and establishing processes and innovative approaches to Education Technology systems to achieve teaching excellence.
In addition you will have the following:
- An appropriate post graduate qualification or equivalent in a relevant field. Demonstrated experience in a relevant field, including evidence of both strategic and educational leadership.
- Extensive management experience and demonstrated ability to provide leadership and strategic direction on Learning Management Systems, Content Management Systems and other Technical systems and platforms across several digital channels (web, mobile, social media, email, and tablet applications).
- Substantial experience in a software applications development, analysis, testing, and support of e-learning environments in a tertiary education context.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing teams in a large organization.
A full list of Key Selection Criteria can be viewed by downloading the position description from the Melbourne Polytechnic website.
The salary will be in range of $125,000 - $135,000 per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1500921697e.cin1500921697hcety1500921697lopen1500921697ruobl1500921697em@sb1500921697oj1500921697. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.