- Ongoing, Full-Time position (38 hours per week)
- Friendly and supporting team environment
About the role
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Head of Department - Learning and Teaching (VET). You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic person with excellent subject knowledge and a disposition to undertake coordination of multiple courses within a subject area and as allocated by the Head of Department. Your primary objectives will be:
- Provide leadership in VET course design and assessment
- Lead the professional learning program for VET teaching staff to develop the Institute’s teaching capability.
- Lead Learning Skills Support provision across the Institute
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications and skills:
- An approved postgraduate or degree in education or curriculum design together with appropriate industrial experience and a course of teacher training accredited at AQF5 level which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodologies or equivalent. A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent
- Extensive experience in course and assessment design in a VET setting together with the ability to lead teams in these activities
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
SE4 $100,673 per annum plus superannuation
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form. Fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.