- Ongoing Position
- Full-Time position (38 hours per week)
- Friendly and supportive team environment
About the role
Melbourne Polytechnic has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and innovative individual to fill the position of Head of Department Community, Health and Wellbeing to provide educational leadership to the department.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Provide educational leadership to the department to facilitate staff commitment and ensure the delivery of positive educational outcomes for students.
- Lead and manage the strategic development of programs within the department.
- Initiate and support collaborative projects across higher education and vocational education and training provision.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- An approved degree, diploma or certificate together with appropriate industrial experience and a course of teacher training accredited at AQF5 level which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodologies or equivalent. A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or equivalent.
- Ability to provide educational leadership, including a demonstrated knowledge of curriculum and delivery issues relating to the program profile of the Department.
- Demonstrated ability to manage operational requirements of the Department and to lead cultural change to a large and diverse group of staff.
For a full list of key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
- Full-time 38 hours per week
The salary will be $100,673 per annum plus superannuation.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form. Fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.