Fixed Term Contract position (until June 2018)
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Golf Course Superintendent.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Supervise, manage and perform all duties related to providing the highest standard of Sports Turf Maintenance at any site Melbourne Polytechnic is required to provide turf maintenance services too.
- Provide clear advice to maintenance staff and teaching staff and students of the Horticulture and Landscaping Departments in regards to project work required on any of the courses.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A trade certificate in Turf Management or able to demonstrate a minimum of 3 years’ experience in high quality sports turf maintenance.
- A current Victorian Driver’s License is essential. Front end loader/backhoe license preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role and the ability to lead staff.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and co-operative with other staff and students in an educational and service industry environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to co-operate in a team environment.
To view the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $65,000 to $72,000 per annum plus superannuation.
Fixed Term Contract position (until June 2018) Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1539667821e.cin1539667821hcety1539667821lopen1539667821ruobl1539667821em@sb1539667821oj1539667821. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.