Executive Contract Position (3 Years)
Full-time (38 hours per week)
Dynamic work environment
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Executive Director, Whittlesea and Banyule Tech Schools.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Guide the construction and establishment of two, cutting edge STEAM Centers of excellence and innovation in Melbourne's North.
- Have strategic oversight of both the Whittlesea Tech School (WTS) and the Banyule Tech School (BTS). Under the broad direction of the Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Melbourne Polytechnic, and with support from the (WTS) and (BTS) Committees. The incumbent will be contracted for an initial three-year period, enabling two years in design and planning and a further year in implementation once sites open.
- Lead, manage and evaluate the Tech Schools' programs, in partnership with exiting working groups. You will provide leadership to ensure design and implementation incorporates leading-edge technology, discovery and innovation, to deliver advanced education and training opportunities for Secondary School students in a rapidly changing global economy.
For further information please call 9269 1266 to request a pack with background on the Tech School initiative.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- A degree or postgraduate degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field with relevant management experience at a senior level.
- Demonstrated leadership capability to manage a team to deliver positive student outcomes and build effective relationships with secondary schools, post-secondary educational providers, industry and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities.
- A deep knowledge of STEAM education and a demonstrated commitment to remaining abreast of current developments and innovation in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as an effective member of a team with well-developed leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including analytical and problem solving skills.
TAFE Executive Remuneration will be in the range of $153,000 - $175,000 per annum plus superannuation.
Executive Contract Position (3 years), Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1501058918e.cin1501058918hcety1501058918lopen1501058918ruobl1501058918em@sb1501058918oj1501058918. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.