Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role:
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Educational Developer.
Your primary objective will be to:
- Manage the successful delivery of academic and technical aspects of blended course projects. The incumbent will be responsible for the project management of subjects and courses from initial scoping, through to scheduling, production and implementation. The role will involve consultation with academics, learning designers and content developers to ensure institutional reporting requirements are met. The incumbent will also be expected to contribute to the design, development and evaluation of high quality online learning systems to optimise performance and use of the technology for learning and teaching.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline and/or experience in flexible learning development and staff development in tertiary education.
- Provides deep technical expertise and support to the work area in the creation and development of educational resources to enhance student learning experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in the theory and practice of flexible and e-learning pedagogies for VET and higher education.
- Expertise in educational technologies including Learning Management Systems (Moodle preferred), Content Management Systems (SharePoint preferred), web conferencing, social media and mobile technologies.
The salary will be in the range of $86,837 - $94,595 (PACCT 8.1 - 8.4) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time, 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.