Executive Contract (5 years)
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Corporate Governance and Legal Counsel.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Ensure appropriate mechanisms are in place for the Board and its committees to provide effective oversight and that decisions of the Board are implemented
- Provide appropriate advice to the Board Chair, the Board, the Chief Executive Officer, and the Chief Operations Officer on corporate governance
- Oversee the Institute’s in-house legal function, compliance with statutory and other legal and regulatory requirements and risk management.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
- Tertiary qualified to at least undergraduate degree level together with sound working experience in operational areas of an industry as well as subsequent experience relevant to this position.
- Demonstrated high level analytical skills together with a successful record of establishing effective systems.
- Higher effective written and oral communication skills together with the interpersonal skills necessary to resolve potential or actual conflict between Board Directors, Senior Managers and external agencies.
- Demonstrated successful experience in risk management together with an excellent record in drafting high level policies and procedures.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- Tertiary qualified to at least undergraduate degree level
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
5 years Executive Contract, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1492976550e.cin1492976550hcety1492976550lopen1492976550ruobl1492976550em@sb1492976550oj1492976550. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.