Executive Contract position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Director, Centre for Learning and Teaching
Your primary objectives will be:
- Provide academic leadership and assure academic quality and integrity of learning and teaching of the Institute's Higher Education (HE) and VET programs.
- Oversee academic administration and academic governance and ensure compliance with the requirements of regulatory bodies Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and Australian Standards Qualification Authority (ASQA).
- Identify and develop opportunities for the growth and development of higher education curricula and VET programs.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert and concise advice on issues in higher education and VET to develop appropriate strategic directions including policy development.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of regulatory requirements including those set by TEQSA and ASQA.
- Demonstrated understanding of the dimensions of the student life cycle, (end to end) process including the student experience in the context of learning.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- Qualifications to Doctorate level are required together with extensive experience at a senior level and knowledge of the Australian tertiary education system and contemporary issues of significance in HE and a demonstrated understanding of VET particularly as these impact on the Institute.
- For a full list of key technical competencies and qualifications licenses and experience please refer to the position description.
TAFE Executive Remuneration will be $175,000.00 per annum inclusive of superannuation.
Executive Contract (until 2021), Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1493207558e.cin1493207558hcety1493207558lopen1493207558ruobl1493207558em@sb1493207558oj1493207558. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.