Are you passionate about helping people create meaningful careers and reach their full potential?
Are you excited about education and training?
Are you fluent in other languages?
With hundreds of courses on offer, Melbourne Polytechnic puts students in the picture when it comes to a bright future
...........you can help us make this happen!
Melbourne Polytechnic is now hiring Education and Career Advisors to jump on board and be part of our ground-breaking and exclusive team!
What's in it for you?
- Work in a fun and interactive customer environment
- A collaborative and innovative culture with access to cutting-edge technology in the education sector
- Extensive training program with potential career development opportunities.
Your focus will be to assist students realise their potential career path, turning enquiring visitors into inspired professionals. This exciting opportunity will see you at the customer frontline delivering exceptional customer experiences, guiding students through their potential educational journey and career pathways and developing lifelong learning partnerships. You will connect with our diverse potential customer base across multiple Melbourne locations.
What you will bring to the role
We are searching for passionate and innovative people to act as ambassadors of Melbourne Polytechnic. The skills that you will bring to this role are:
- Vibrant and approachable personality
- A genuine passion for assisting and engaging customers
- Proven experience in a customer centric environment with exceptional customer service commitment
- Ability to think laterally and use imagination and creativity to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills accompanied by the ability to build trusted relationships and connect with a diverse customer base
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills including the ability to work independently and on simultaneous tasks and to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated accountability with proven experience in delivering on outcomes
- Ability to operate effectively in a team and contribute positively to team results
- Understanding of current consumer technology.
Ability to speak a second language is highly desirable.
Employment Mode & Hours of Work
- Casual Employment
- Full-time availability would be advantageous will be required with possible work during retail trading hours (incl. Saturdays and Sundays)
This position will be based primarly at the following locations:
- Westfield Doncaster Shopping Centre (retail store)
- Melbourne Polytechnic Preston Campus (call centre)
- Northland Shopping Centre (retail store)
- Plenty Valley Shopping Centre (retail store)
- Prahran Retail Store (retail store)
however you may be required to work at any other location where Melbourne Polytechnic conducts its business based on operational requirements.
$27.67 per hour casual rate (excluding penalties that may apply).
How to register your interest
You can submit your expression of interest by emailing the attached application form together with your current resume to ua.ud1500712587e.cin1500712587hcety1500712587lopen1500712587ruobl1500712587em@sb1500712587oj1500712587. Ensure you quote the job reference number (2351) in your covering email. In submitting your expression of interest please address the following:
What would you bring to this role?
What does education mean to you?
*Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encourage to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.
*Please note all appointments are subject to referee checking, successful attainment of a Working a With Children Check and or/ National Police Check.
*Eligible candidates must have demonstrable full Australian working status.