Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Commercial Manager.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Manage the financial, business performance and analytics activities of Melbourne Polytechnic in line with the overall strategic direction. It is also responsible for ensuring that the Polytechnic is compliant with the financial legislative and governance requirements applying to a large public sector organisation.
- Lead a team of business partners to design and deliver high quality systems, tools, and processes to provide financial and commercial insight, performance monitoring and analytics to support decision making within Melbourne Polytechnic and its program delivery areas.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Proven initiative and problem solving skills and ability to organize, plan and manage complex tasks utilising effective management principles of working to deadlines, planning, resource allocation, communication, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in developing and reviewing business cases to support investment decision making that is strategically aligned and financially sound.
- Highly developed commercial acumen and demonstrated understanding of commercial drivers and their impact on sustainability.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills particularly in the interpretation, analysis and reporting of quantitative data.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be $145,000 per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full - Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.