Dynamic Education & Training Organisation
Friendly Working Environment
Maximum Term Contract (2 year) positions available
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Chair, Academic Board.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide leadership to the Academic Board and the academic governance processes of the Polytechnic.
- Chair meetings of the Academic Board and regularly report to the Melbourne Polytechnic Boards of Directors on the activity of the Academic Board.
- Ensure that the Academic Board fulfils its responsibilities and terms of reference and consult regularly with relevant stakeholders and Executive Management on academic matters.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Postgraduate qualifications, preferably to PhD level.
- Extensive experience in a senior educational management or leadership role in a university, and sector or tertiary provider, encompassing learning and teaching, educational strategic development and academic governance.
- An understanding of both Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training.
For a full list of Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
Two year contract with option for two year extension.
Melbourne Polytechnic staff are not eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Please send your expression of interest and resume' to Pauline Thambu on ua.ud1571279682e.cin1571279682hcety1571279682lopen1571279682ruobl1571279682em@ub1571279682mahte1571279682nilua1571279682p1571279682
For further details please contact Pauline Thambu on 03 9269 1583
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.