Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint Casual Web Administrator and Developer within the Marketing Department.
This role will suit either recent graduates or students in final year from ICT/Website Development related courses. You will be supporting our Senior Web Administrator and Developer in the ongoing maintenance and development of Melbourne Polytechnic’s website, and related websites, including our course information systems.
Your primary objective will be:
Support the Senior Web Administration and Developer with the Melbourne Polytechnic website, ensuring it is kept up to date, runs effectively and supports the organisation’s commercial objectives.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Identifying and reporting technical and administrative issues in front and back end of website and Course Information System (CIS).
- Supporting institute stakeholders to clarify requirements and understand priorities
- Planning technical solutions to meet publication requirements.
- Identifying and troubleshoot technical issues on the website and provide technical support to internal stakeholders who identify errors with the website.
- Monitoring and test patch updates to key systems that interface with the website with external developers.
- Working with institute stakeholders to ensure that updates to information on the website are logged through the job system.
- Supporting development and documentation of business processes relating to website and supporting technologies.
- Action updates to content on the website via the CMS & CIS as appropriate
- Monitoring analytical and reporting tools related to the web.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team member with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines, including short-notice deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Desire to learn and use modern digital marketing technology
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- Currently studying or have recently graduated in a relevant qualification
- Knowledge of web design opportunities and limitations as well as technical specifications
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and Wordpress CMS
Payment is at the rate of:
$27.67 per hour
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to:
For further details please call Robyn Pryor on 03 9269 8927