Department: Youth Unit
The VCAL program Melbourne Polytechnic requires sessional (casual) teaching staff to deliver specific units of VCAL at the Heidelberg campus.
Our VCAL program is delivered Tuesday to Friday 9 – 3:15 pm.
- Prepare, deliver and evaluate a range of pre-vocational youth programs, including VCAL Foundation, Intermediate and Senior programs.
- Assist the Manager, Program Leaders and co-teacher(s) in the establishment and maintenance of quality programs and systems to ensure a quality service is being provided at all levels of the department.
- Assisting the Program leaders in all related administrative and student functions- reports, enrolments, attendance updates, student progress and results, awards preparations and appropriate entry of data onto relevant online reporting systems.
- Assisting in the selection and assessment of intending student and the identification and introduction of strategies to assist students experiencing learning difficulties.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date class/program records which are in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines. This includes:
- Class Attendance Rolls - Markbook
- Work Programs
- Worksheet templates which meet QA minimum standards (as provided by the Program Leader)
- Planning Grids in consultation with other class teachers and Program Leader
- Assessment records
- Enrolment, amendment to enrolment and results reporting
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Sessional Teaching Role
- Approved post graduate teacher qualification, relevant to the VCAL teaching areas together with:
- a demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles
- a demonstrated high standard of teaching practice
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 including TAELLN411 Language Literacy & Numeracy Unit
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national and state issues in education and training relating to pre-vocational youth programs.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of pre-vocational youth courses in TAFE institutes or other related settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, teaching methodologies and strategies appropriate to pre-vocational youth programs including current curriculum, assessment and reporting issues affecting pre-vocational youth programs, including “at risk” target groups
- A Working with Children Check
- Capacity to plan and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching tasks
Payment is at the rate of:
- $65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
- $67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training.
For further details please call Bronwyn Bannan on 03 9269 8668 or send your expression of interest and a CV to email@example.com
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.