Department: Youth Unit
The VCAL program Melbourne Polytechnic requires sessional (casual) teaching staff to deliver specific units of VCAL at the Heidelberg campus.
Our VCAL program is delivered Tuesday to Friday 9 – 3:15 pm.
- Prepare, deliver and evaluate a range of pre-vocational youth programs, including VCAL Foundation, Intermediate and Senior programs.
- Assist the Manager, Program Leaders and co-teacher(s) in the establishment and maintenance of quality programs and systems to ensure a quality service is being provided at all levels of the department.
- Assisting the Program leaders in all related administrative and student functions- reports, enrolments, attendance updates, student progress and results, awards preparations and appropriate entry of data onto relevant online reporting systems.
- Assisting in the selection and assessment of intending student and the identification and introduction of strategies to assist students experiencing learning difficulties.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date class/program records which are in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines. This includes:
- Class Attendance Rolls - Markbook
- Work Programs
- Worksheet templates which meet QA minimum standards (as provided by the Program Leader)
- Planning Grids in consultation with other class teachers and Program Leader
- Assessment records
- Enrolment, amendment to enrolment and results reporting
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Sessional Teaching Role
- Approved post graduate teacher qualification, relevant to the VCAL teaching areas together with:
- a demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles
- a demonstrated high standard of teaching practice
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 including TAELLN411 Language Literacy & Numeracy Unit
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national and state issues in education and training relating to pre-vocational youth programs.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of pre-vocational youth courses in TAFE institutes or other related settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, teaching methodologies and strategies appropriate to pre-vocational youth programs including current curriculum, assessment and reporting issues affecting pre-vocational youth programs, including “at risk” target groups
- A Working with Children Check
- Capacity to plan and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching tasks
Payment is at the rate of:
- $65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
- $67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training.
For further details please call Bronwyn Bannan on 03 9269 8668 or send your expression of interest and a CV to email@example.com