Sessional teaching roles are now available within the Certificate III in Health Services Assistance qualification in the Health and Community department at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are now seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
- Plan and conduct training (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful delivery of the HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance program
- Work placement visits and traineeships as required.
- Communicate regularly with the Program Lead and other staff within the school to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Program Lead and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students' academic results in a timely manner; Identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Sessional Teaching Role
- A qualification relevant in content and at least to the academic level of the qualification being taught.
- At least five years vocational experience in a Health setting.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties.
- A current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Antidiscrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- Knowledge and experience of the NDIS
- Current First aid / CPR certificate (HLTAID003 and HLTAID001) HLTAID006
Payment is at the rate of:
- $68.52 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
- $71.22 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
- $74.02 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: MartindeGraaf@melbournepolytechnic.edu.au
For further details please call Martin DeGraaf: 9269 1258
Applications Close: 14/12/2018
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.