Casual teaching roles are now available within the Trades department at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are now seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
Duties required to undertake a casual teaching role:
- Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful delivery of courses in the Trades Department.
- Communicate regularly with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other staff within the Trades programs to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students’ academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Casual Teaching Role
- A certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to be performed. Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) including Design & Develop Assessment tools (TAEASS502) and address Adult language, literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) (TAELLN401A).
- A sound knowledge of the relevant industry area.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- A current Working With Children Check.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
- Be an Australian Citizen or
- Provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Payment is at the rate of:
- $68.52 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
- $71.22 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
- $74.02 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details please call Mark Smith: 03 9269 8743
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.