Great working environment
Excellent teaching facility / workshop
Attractive hourly rate
Casual teaching roles are available in Plumbing at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach in the following areas on a casual basis.
- Certificate II in Plumbing
- Certificate III in Plumbing
- Certificate IV in Plumbing
- Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful deliver of courses in the Building and Construction Department.
- Communicate regularly with the Senior Educator and other staff within the Building and Construction programs to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Senior Educator and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to de performed. Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
- A sound knowledge of the relevant industry area.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- A current Working With Children check.
Payment is at the rate of:
$61.88 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
$64.31 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
Please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: