Department: Bridging and Preparatory Studies
The Auslan program at Melbourne Polytechnic requires sessional (casual) teaching staff to provide Auslan language teaching at our Prahran and Preston campuses.
We are seeking staff for both the day and evening classes.
Qualifications and experience required to undertake a casual Auslan teaching role are:
- Fluency in Auslan communication skills
- Understanding of deaf culture
- Appropriate teaching qualification and/or Diploma of Auslan
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or equivalent) together with:
- A demonstrated understanding of adult learning principals
- A demonstrated high standard of teaching practice
- Experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of Auslan courses in TAFE institutes or other related settings.
- Knowledge of and experience in teaching methodologies and strategies appropriate to language teaching/programs.
- Understanding and the application of current curriculum, assessment and reporting issues.
- Working with Children’s Check.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
- $67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training.
To apply please send a CV and a cover letter detailing your industry and teaching experience, qualifications and particular areas of expertise.
For further details please email Ida Rogers on ua.ud1537693072e.cin1537693072hcety1537693072lopen1537693072ruobl1537693072em@sr1537693072egora1537693072di1537693072
Please send your expression of interest and a CV to ua.ud1537693072e.cin1537693072hcety1537693072lopen1537693072ruobl1537693072em@sr1537693072egora1537693072di1537693072
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.