We are seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic A-Grade qualified Electricians to join the Licenced Electrical Assessment team at Melbourne Polytechnic.
This is a sessional assessor’s position and will involve assessment in the following:
- Safe Work Practice (SWP)
- Licensed Electrical Practice (LEP)
- Licensed Electrical Theory (LET)
- Conduct the Licensed Electricians Assessment (LEA) following established procedures.
- Monitor candidates during the Assessment to ensure compliance with Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) and Melbourne Polytechnic (MP) requirements.
- Set-up Assessment rooms prior to the Assessment and verify the candidate’s identity and eligibility to sit the Assessment.
- Ensure all assessment paperwork is kept within Melbourne Polytechnic and is identifiable as relating to that candidate.
- Distribute and collect completed Assessment papers.
- Record and report and any incidents or suspected issues where a candidate’s Assessment may be compromised.
- Respond to basic enquiries in a timely and confident manner, ensuring all students are treated fairly and equally during an Assessment.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Hold a current A Grade Electrical Licence.
- To have been independent from the delivery and training of Certificate III Electrotechnology candidates for 2 years.
- Have a current Working with Children Card.
- Have relevant Educational qualifications as required by Melbourne Polytechnic to teach or conduct Assessments.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
- An understanding of ESV Assessment guidelines and Melbourne Polytechnic procedures relevant to the duties undertaken, including: Equal Employment Opportunity, supporting equity and fairness; Occupational Health and Safety, supporting a safe workplace; Conflict of Interest; Privacy; Research Conduct; and Staff/Student Relationships.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
- $67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: ua.ud1553618352e.cin1553618352hcety1553618352lopen1553618352ruobl1553618352em@ni1553618352awtre1553618352bor1553618352
For further details please call Rob Wain: 9269 1346
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.