Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Career Counsellor.
Your primary objective will be:
Provide high quality confidential career counselling to prospective, current and returning students through educational and career pathways by assisting them plan and identify future learning pathways and employment opportunities, which exemplifies Melbourne Polytechnic Life-Long Learning Strategy.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Proven ability and experience in presenting to and facilitating groups.
- Highly-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to demonstrated professionalism, diplomacy and empathy, with culturally diverse and high need groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of current developments and concerns in the education and training sector in conjunction with commitment to excellence and the principles of continuous improvement.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Career Counselling / Education and Career Development/ Organisation Behaviour & Development / Human Resources/ Learning and Development or related field. Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is required (TAE40110).
- Registered member of a career association affiliated with Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA).
The salary will be in the range of $56,737 - $62,156 per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
Travelling between metropolitan sites will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1485056615e.cin1485056615hcety1485056615lopen1485056615ruobl1485056615em@sb1485056615oj1485056615. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.