Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Campus Librarian.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Deliver value-adding customer experiences to staff and student cohorts of Melbourne Polytechnic as well as potential students
- Deliver dynamic and engaging library research and reference services to institute staff and students
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant tertiary library qualifications and experience in the provision of library services preferably in a tertiary educational setting;
- Broad understanding of library service trends and opportunities including the use of information and communication technologies in an educational environment, with demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff including highly developed teamwork, collaborative and motivational skills with proven ability to create a positive environment;
- Demonstrated training and presentation skills and an ability to deliver quality customer and reference services;
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $40,549 - $51,835 (LO3.1- LO3.7) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1501231413e.cin1501231413hcety1501231413lopen1501231413ruobl1501231413em@sb1501231413oj1501231413. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.