Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full - time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised and qualified individual to fill the position of Budget & Planning Manager.
Your primary objective will be:
To lead and coordinate the preparation of annual business plans and budgets for Melbourne Polytechnic and its six schools. On an ongoing basis it will be responsible for monitoring and reporting performance against budgets and for updating profit and cash flow forecasts for the institute. It will include the design and delivery of high quality systems, tools, and processes to ensure the integrity of the budget and forecasting information and the assumptions upon which they are based.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
- Proven initiative and problem solving skills and ability to organize, plan and manage complex tasks utilising effective management principles of working to deadlines, planning, resource allocation, communication, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in business and financial planning, budgeting and forecasting in a multi-faceted business organisation.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills particularly in the interpretation, analysis and reporting of financial data.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- An appropriate accounting qualification and at least five years membership of a recognised accounting body.
- Demonstrated experience designing, leading and coordinating business planning and budgeting processes across many functions to tight deadlines and high standards in a commercial environment.
- It would be advantageous for an applicant to have a good working knowledge of the VET and Higher Education environment.
For a full list of the key technical competencies please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $95,000 - $100,000 per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1484578772e.cin1484578772hcety1484578772lopen1484578772ruobl1484578772em@sb1484578772oj1484578772. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.