Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part - time (30.4 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Auslan Interpreter.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Support the Auslan Program through the provision of Auslan-English interpreting services.
- Coordinate the interpreting service requirements for the department and wider institute.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- A Degree relevant to interpreting and relevant experience in interpreting between Auslan and English; or Diploma relevant to interpreting with substantial experience.
- Excellent Auslan language and written communication skills as well as the ability to effectively resolve issues surrounding administrative systems and staff rosters.
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills including spoken and writing English.
- Capacity to work effectively in a team environment and to adapt effectively to change.
The salary will be in the range of $61,883 - $66,573 (PACCT 5.1 – 5.3) pro rata, per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Ongoing, Part - Time 30.4 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1537538552e.cin1537538552hcety1537538552lopen1537538552ruobl1537538552em@sb1537538552oj1537538552. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.