Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Assistant Accountant
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Provide effective management, administration and control of Melbourne Polytechnic’s General Ledger reconciliations and management of the day to day Fixed Asset System.
- Provide a high level of customer service to the various schools and departments within Melbourne Polytechnic.
- Develop and review applicable policies and procedures to ensure the General Ledger and Fixed Asset systems function effectively, within Government guidelines and legislation where appropriate.
- Provide advice to Melbourne Polytechnic staff on all matters relating to the General Ledger and fixed assets.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate accounting qualification (Degree) is essential along with significant experience in a similar role.
- Membership of a recognized accounting body (CA or CPA) or working towards eligibility.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, external reporting, internal management reporting and asset accounting including preparation of annual financial statements.
- Working knowledge and application of Australian Accounting Standards, Financial Management Act 1994 and ministerial directives.
- Significant experience with computerised accounting systems and Microsoft Office suite.
The salary will be in the range of $76,482 - $84,241 (PACCT 7.1 – 7.4) per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.