Friendly working environment
Maximum Term Contract position to 30 June 2017
Part - Time 30.4 hours per week
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of AMEP Home Tutor Scheme Officer – Volunteer, Client Recruitment and Support.
Your primary objective will be:
- To establish, maintain and assist in the development of activities within the Northern AMEP Home Tutor Scheme including marketing, volunteer tutor recruitment, ongoing liaison with the volunteer training program, tutor/client matching, and accurate records.
The successful applicant will have:
Key Technical Competencies
- Highly developed organizational skills including planning
- Strong communication skills group facilitation
- Manage workload and flexible work practice as required
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
- A background in community development or related field; extensive knowledge and experience in coordinating volunteer programs and demonstrated skills in working in a cross-cultural environment.
- High-level skills in recruiting, inducting, supporting and managing volunteers and assisting with the ongoing review and delivery of appropriate training to support their role.
- Sound understanding of strategies relevant to addressing the needs of AMEP clients, knowledge of the education and settlement needs of recently-arrived refugees and migrants, and skills in supporting volunteers working in a cross-cultural environment.
Arabic speaking desirable, but not essential
For a full list of the Key Technical Competencies and Qualifications, Licenses and Experience please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $54,245 - $56,737 (A06.1 - A06.3) per annum pro-rata plus superannuation contribution.
- Maximum Term Contract position to 30 June 2017,
- Part - Time 30.4 hours per week
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- List including 3 referees with landline phone number and contact details
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualifications, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email toua.ud1485109314e.cin1485109314hcety1485109314lopen1485109314ruobl1485109314em@sb1485109314oj 1485109314. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.