Contract (Ending 31/12/2014)
Full-time (38 hrs per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant - Mechanical Manufacturing.
Your primary objectives will be:
- To provide general administrative assistance to the Mechanical Manufacturing department within the Faculty of Engineering at the Heidelberg campus.
- To act as a receptionist for the department and liaise with staff and students within the department.
- To ensure that a high level of customer service is practised and maintained.
The successful applicant will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with:
- Demonstrated high standard of administrative and organisational skills including skills in document presentation and database maintenance using Microsoft software particularly Word and Excel, filing and administrative systems maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability, commitment and attitude to the provision of high level customer service to all internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational ability, and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate capacity to maintain confidentiality together with the ability to act with tact and diplomacy.
Please note that all short listed applicants will be required to undertake a variety of competency tests to demonstrate their ability to perform the role.
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
The salary will be in the range of $43,112 - $45,648 (AO4.1 – AO4.4) per annum
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.