Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Part-time 0.6 (22.8 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant – Creative Arts.
Your primary objective will be to:
- Work as part of the school’s administration team, working in a flexible and collegiate manner to ensure that the institutes policies and procedures are implemented, efficient and effective administration is provided and dealings with employees and the public is professionally undertaken. The position will work as part of a team that provides administrative support to both the Vocational Education and Higher Education courses. This position focuses mostly on supporting the Vocational Education courses within school. The position is expected to provide high level customer service while maintaining strictest confidence of information regarding the personal records of students, the content of examinations, and other materials.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate qualifications and/or extensive experience in administrative support roles and a Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated high standard of administrative and organisational skills including skills in document presentation, drafting and formatting, producing excel spreadsheets, database maintenance, filing and administrative systems maintenance and literacy of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and a demonstrated ability, commitment and attitude to effective communication and liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organisational and problem-solving skills, the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and be self-motivated and flexible in responding to changing work priorities.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
Please note that all short listed applicants will be required to undertake a variety of competency tests to demonstrate their ability to perform the role.
The salary will be in the range of $43,895 - $48,505 (PACCT 2.1 – 2.4) pro rata, per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Part - Time 22.8 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1548092673e.cin1548092673hcety1548092673lopen1548092673ruobl1548092673em@sb1548092673oj1548092673. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the document below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.