Fixed Term Contract Position
Friendly Working Environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Work as part of the dynamic Tech Schools team, working in a flexible and collegiate manner to ensure that policies and procedures are implemented, and that efficient and effective administration is provided and dealings with students, partner schools and stakeholders and the public is professionally undertaken.
- Support in delivering the communication and organizational needs of the Tech Schools, sharing and promoting the programs and achievements of the young people of the North of Melbourne.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate vocational or other qualifications and/or extensive experience in administrative support roles.
- Demonstrated interest and/or expertise in STEM, innovation, creativity and working with young people.
- Demonstrated high standard of administrative and organisational skills including skills in document presentation, drafting and formatting, producing excel spreadsheets, database maintenance, filing and administrative systems maintenance and literacy of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and a demonstrated ability, commitment and attitude to effectively communicate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
For a full list of the Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
Please note that all short listed applicants will be required to undertake a variety of competency tests to demonstrate their ability to perform the role.
The salary will be in the range of $43,895 - $48,505 (PACCT 2.1 – 2.4) per annum plus superannuation.
- Fixed Term Contract Duration 2 January 2019 - 1 September 2019
- Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below.
Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must be sent as one single document (Word or PDF) as an attachment.
Please include the following:
- Current resume
- Your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Please ensure that your application is saved as follows:
“First Name, Surname, Position Number”
Eg. “John Smith, 1234”
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and position number in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the position description below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.