- Maximum Term Contract position until 31/12/2016
Full-time (38 hours per week)
Flexible Working Environment
About the Role
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced and innovative individual to fill the position of Administration Officer.
Your primary objective will be:
- to be responsible for the administration of the office including the administration of invoices. This role is also responsible for the coordination of Auslan interpreter bookings for the VET sector using the CABS system. This role supports the dual function of the Centre, supporting deaf students in VET and the lead agent for the Auslan contract.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Technical Competencies
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills within an educational context involving the diverse needs of deaf and hard of hearing students. Proven ability to work within an environment requiring the use of tact, discretion and confidentiality is essential.
Demonstrated high standard of administrative and organizational skills including skills in document presentation and database maintenance using Microsoft software particularly Word, Excel and Internet Explorer, website and online system maintenance
- Demonstrated ability in reception skills with a commitment and positive attitude to the provision of high level customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
Qualification, Licenses and Experience
The successful candidate will have two years relevant experience in a similar role or hold a Diploma of Business Administration or equivalent.
This position requires a minimum Certificate II in Auslan or a willingness to undertake Auslan training to ensure effective communication all staff within the Centre.
For a full list of the key technical competencies and qualifications, licenses and experience please refer to the position description.
The salary will be in the range of $43,112 to $45,648 (AO4.1- AO4.4) per annum plus employer superannuation contributions.
Maximum Term Contract until 31/12/2016, Full- Time 38 hours per week
Please note a Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
Please note that all short-listed applicants will be required to undertake a variety of competency tests to demonstrate their ability to perform the role.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- List including 3 referees with landline phone number and contact details
- A separate document addressing the Key Technical Competencies and Qualification, Licenses and Experience as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1481220735e.cin1481220735hcety1481220735lopen1481220735ruobl1481220735em@sb1481220735oj1481220735. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechni