Ongoing position available
Friendly working environment
Full-time (38 hours per week)
About the Role:
We are very excited to announce that Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and qualified individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
Your primary objectives will be:
- To provide high level administrative support to the department
- To provide concierge functions for the student help desk
The successful applicant will possess the following:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in administrative support roles preferably in an education setting.
- High level computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite of programs and the internet including: drafting and formatting documents, producing excel spreadsheets and databases, reports and correspondence; production of PowerPoint presentations; mail-merges and mail outs
- Excellent reception, telephone and customer service skills
- Extensive experience in the provision of high level customer service and an understanding of, and empathy for the varying needs of students
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills including the ability to work independently and to co-ordinate administrative activities across a designated work area
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with confidence to interact with students and a wide-range of people internally and externally
For a full list of the key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
Please note that all short listed applicants will be required to undertake a variety of competency tests to demonstrate their ability to perform the role.
The salary will be in the range of $43,112 - $45,648 (AO4.1- AO4.4) per annum plus superannuation.
Ongoing, Full- Time 38 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description
You can submit your application by email to ua.ud1481149379e.cin1481149379hcety1481149379lopen1481149379ruobl1481149379em@sb1481149379oj1481149379. Please ensure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.
PLEASE NOTE: To download the forms below you will need Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro. If you are experiencing any difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the People & Culture Department on 03 9269 1266.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.