Casual teaching role
Friendly & supportive team environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking initial expressions of interest from suitably qualified people indicating interest in casual employment in our Auslan program. Applications are being received immediately.
Duties required to undertake the casual teaching role
- Preparation, delivery and evaluation of teaching content to classes as allocated by the Program Coordinator.
- Working collaboratively with the Auslan lead teacher and co teachers on delivery of the Auslan program
- Maintaining and further developing ICT skills necessary for the delivery and administration of the formal tuition and related services, together with a commitment to developing skills in effective use of technology for both face to face and online delivery of Auslan programs.
- Providing assessment and documentation of student progress within the program
For a full list of the casual teaching duties please refer to the Duties Statement available on the job description bellow.
Qualifications and experience
- Appropriate post secondary qualifications and/or teaching experience and approved Auslan teacher training required.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE 40110.
- A Bachelor of Education (LOTE -Auslan ) or recognised equivalent.
- Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competence standards.
Sessional teacher rate for Teaching duties $64.31 per hour
Non teaching duties at non teaching rates $43.71 per hour
A Working With Children Check will be required for this position
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia