If you’re already working in the building and construction industry, Melbourne Polytechnic can provide you many opportunities for you to advance your career though qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
Consider the options below –
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) – the Builder’s Registration Course in association with the Master Builders Associate of Victoria (BDAV)
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) – How to start building your own business
- Certificate IV in Plumbing Services – Licencing and Registration Course in association with the Plumbing Industry Commission
- Study pathways from certificates through to advanced diploma courses
- Earn while you learn with our apprenticeship programs
- Customised programs incorporating specific units of competency to ensure your skills are at their best
Why not fast track your qualification through Recognition of Prior Learning?
If you already have experience in the building and construction industry and want to obtain a formal qualification, you could be eligible to receive recognition of prior learning.
Recognition of Prior Learning acknowledges the experience you may already have from working on the job, and assesses your level of competency against individual units within a qualification.
Based on your experience, you may then receive credit to all or part of a qualification. For any parts of the qualification that you may not receive credit for, training to fill this gap is provided, and you can obtain the formal qualification.
If you have already obtained part of a qualification you may also be available for a credit transfer so that you do not need to complete these units again.
Recognition of Prior Learning is available for all building and construction courses and we encourage you to contact our office on 9269 8746 for more information.
Head of Department – Building and Construction
Phone: 03 9269 8701
On-site & Industry liaison – Building and Construction
Phone: 03 9269 8786
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 18th February 2019