Future Students

Important information regarding enrolments


Eligibility for a government-subsidised place is determined by your citizenship, age and prior education. 

The Victorian Training Guarantee ensures that vocational training is accessible to people who do not currently hold a post-school qualification. You can find more information here.

When you apply for a place in a TAFE course you need to provide evidence of citizenship or residency and proof of age on enrolment.

Evidence can either be one original document or a certified hard copy of:

  • A green Medicare Card
  • A current Australian Passport
  • An Australian Birth Certificate
  • A naturalisation certificate
  • A current New Zealand Passport
  • A Temporary Protection Visa
  • Formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship confirming permanent residence.

If the evidence you provide does not state your age, then you will need to provide a current drivers licence or learner permit, proof of age card or keypass card.  

Unique Student Identifier (USI)

From 1 January 2015, each student enrolled in nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to access all academic transcripts and qualifications.

Melbourne Polytechnic cannot issue you with a Statement of Results, Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you provide your personal USI.

Click here to be issued with your personal USI and bring this along when you enrol.

Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: September 22, 2016